Curious what will happen upon listing of your home?
Third stage of the Home Selling Process comes the moment your home is listed.
Once the property is listed, I will:
- Measure and record all room dimensions
- Obtain house plans if available
- Make a copy of any house plans, upload them into my website
- Copy survey and retain in listing file
- Advise you of how showing appointments will be made
- Prepare instructions on how the showings should be conducted according to your directions
- Confirm with you the best times to show the property to prospective buyers
- Talk to you about Mortgage Verification Forms that may need to be signed and submitted to your landing institution
- Advice you to verify with your lender any penalties, terms and current rates and if the mortgage can be discharged
- Advice you to check if the existing mortgage can be assumed and under what terms
- Confirm any Condominium Fees or Homeowner Association Fees currently in effect
- Get a copy of a Condominium Bylaws, if applicable
- Confirm supplier of Hydro or any other provider of this utility
- Advice you that the usage of Hydro and water should be calculated for the past 12 months, based on your records
- Verify the availability of any septic bed layout or permits at the time of installation
- Check water record for well-supplied property, confirm well status and advice you to have Health Unit test done, so remedial steps can be taken if required upon listing
- Advise the potential buyer of any abandoned wells on the property and put that information on the listing
- Confirm with you the natural gas, heating oil or propane supplier's name and telephone numbers
- Note on listing any rented appliances, like hot water tank, furnace, etc.
- Verify if the security system is owned or rented as well as terms of service
- Ascertain if any lead-based paint, asbestos insulation, UFFI or other latent defect needs to be disclosed
- Prepare a list of property features such as pool, sauna, whirlpool, landscape and special plants
- Prepare a list of chattels included and excluded from the sale of the property
- Compile a list of recent improvements, repairs and maintenance
- If the property is vacant, I will send a letter to you, so you can advise the insurance company of intended sale
- Explain the advantages of the lock box and obtain keys from you
- Verify if property has rental units. If so: upon listing
- Find out if they comply with the zoning bylaws, fire code, building code and electrical safety
- Make copies of all rental agreements
- Determine the ownership of any appliences or other chattels
- Verify and list all rental amounts and deposits held
- Inform tenant of the listing and discuss how showings will be handled
- Give you the blank copy of the Agreement of Purchase and Sale and discuss it with you
- Explain the offer presentation process and the possibility of multiple offers
- Discuss the type of conditions that will likely be included in an offer to purchase
- Discuss the results of Curb Appeal Assessment, Interior Decor Assessment and talk about ways to improve appearances for showings
- The listing will be uploaded into my personal database for transaction management
Now, that you know what happens upon listing of your property, you can take a look at the next stage.
If you would like to book an appointment to list your home for sale, please give me a call at (705)718-3166
Return to top of Upon Listing page.
I'm Always Here to Help
If you have questions about up-to-date market conditions, would like to get my Price Analysis, or simply would like to know what that home next door is listed for... I'm always available to provide that information.
Perhaps you are considering a sale, but are just not sure what would be the best way to proceed in this changing market.
Or maybe you are the First Time Buyer, excited to enter the Housing Market, and have more questions than your would like to handle on your own...
Please give me a call at 705-241-4249
Return to Home page.
Mary Stanton is a Professional Member or is associated with the following Organizations: